Online Safeguarding Checklist
We passionately believe in the advantages of our online lessons that are structured, focused on the curriculum and supports computational thinking skills. We provide access to a community of tech teachers that can help support students at home learning. We also understand that parents will have concerns when it comes to safeguarding so we have listed our processes to keep pupils safe whilst learning online.
Online Classroom Set Up
Our online classroom is provided via a private zoom link sent to parents after booking. Every lesson is recorded for the safety of our pupils and teachers.
Classroom Set Up
1. One way video communication, all the participants are muted and cameras are turned off. Therefore, students can only see the teacher and not other students.
2. No full names are visible in the online classroom. Only children first names are visible
3. One way communication, the chat feature is only available between the student and the teacher
4. Registers are taken using children first names to keep a record of who is joining the online classroom
5. The teacher will go through SMART objectives (see below) with students at the beginning of each lesson
Our online tech teachers all have fully enhanced DBS qualifications and have a clear understanding of their safeguarding responsibility.
NextThing Education Clubs operates a zero tolerance policy to discrimination or bullying of any kind. Every participant involved in our sessions is of equal value and entitled to equal access of opportunity.
Our online teachers have a duty to respond if they suspect a child in their care may be suffering from abuse, or if a child makes a disclosure about abuse our staff will act in accordance with our Child Protection Policy. A copy is available on request.
If you want to raise a safeguarding concern then please email our safeguarding officer at email@example.com.